Sunday, August 10, 2008

OMGosh!!!

As I was wandering the boards over at scraplove tonight I came across a thread that caught my eye...the Celebrity Judge had chosen her three top picks for the 4th week of the Summer of Scraplove contest that I am in. My first thought is well I probably wasn't chosen but lets go see who is...this is what came up on my screen.....

SOSL Week #4 Celeb Judge Christine Middlecamp's Picks!

Man, I just had such a hard time choosing..these are people's personal reflections, so it's difficult to choose one over the other. I decided to base my choices on creativity and story telling. As a scrapbooker, I routinely sit down and contemplate how I can tell a story using fun, innovative techniques. I don't expect to reinvent the wheel every time I create a new layout, but I always love to try something new and different from the usual. It's a risk, but there's great potential for learning and developing one's creativity. So, here's my choices:



1st: Kathy M. - God's Handiwork There's an innate quality to the story that immediately caught my attention. It speaks honestly about the beauty of the world and the place we call "home". I share a liking for sunsets also..thanks to my loving husband. The craftsmanship of the layout definitely demonstrates the use of inventive, fun techniques and supports the overall feel of the page. There's a lot of great collage elements being used and an assortment of materials. Beautiful!

It touched me so much that she chose my layout.....I had such a fun time creating it...it made me miss Jeremy less because I was scrapping a photo of something that he saw. It was a wonderful way to end my day.
If you scroll down a post or two you will see my creation.

You can read the rest of what Christine Middlecamp had to say here: http://www.scraplove.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38309

1 comment:

Tami said...

Congratulations Kathy! That's awesome. I love seeing your pages. You are so good at making one picture look more beautiful than it was already.