Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Real Find

I was out in the garage the other day and came across a box of OLD photos and I mean seriously OLD! It was so cool. Some were back from the early 1900's others were from the late 1800's and then there were the ones from the 1950's a whole book of photos of my grandfathers neon sign business including some of the signs he made for businesses in San Jose. I have been looking for this album for over 10 years. I thought for sure it had gotten thrown away in the move. In among the photos was a St Helena Star newspaper from 1926 with my grandparents wedding announcement in it. I think I got as much fun out of reading the ads as I did the discription of Gramma's dress "The bride wore a "frock" of white beaded georgette crepe made with full skirt and simple bodice." Then they went on to say, "The Rundle home was beautifully decorated, pink gladiolas, roses and maiden hair fern being used in profusion." I can't remember when the last time it was I used the word "profusion". It was a great find...now I have my work cut out for me....I need to scan all of these photos....that is going to keep me busy for a long time.
This is my grandmother with her brother and sister and her parents...dont know the guy on the far right





This is my Mom with my Grandma and Great Grandma
This is a photo of my grandfather. I am thinking he must be about 2 which would mean this photo was taken about 1898!
I am so definitely going to be scrapping some of these awesome photos.

2 comments:

Tami said...

That's really cool Kathy! I can't wait to see the pages you do with them.

Stayce DeWid said...

incredible