Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bittersweet



There is simply no other way to describe the past few days. It has been an emotional roller coaster that isn't quite over yet. Jeremy is leaving on his mission. I am absolutely THRILLED that he has chosen to go. I am so PROUD of him and yet the thought of not having him around all the time is just breaking my heart. For the past few days we have been surrounded by friends and family. We have had a blast...but now it's down to the nitty gritty....he goes to the Missionary Training Center on Wednesday. We leave tomorrow morning spend a couple of days together in Salt Lake and Provo and then I will get one last hug and kiss and he will be gone for two years.

I am trying desperately to strengthen myself for having to leave him...but I fear I am going to be a mess on the plane trip home. I think perhaps I now know just a small portion of what his birthmother felt that day she left the hospital empty handed as we adopted him and brought him into our lives. I will be forever grateful to her for the sacrifice she made so that we could start a family.
As we embark on this new phase in our lives I thought I would share a few fun photos from the last few days.






10 comments:

Jean said...

Beautiful photos Kathy. I am sure you will be a mess but that is to bexpected. I cried so much when we left Jen at college. THis is such a wonderful opportunity for him. Good luck!

Denise said...

My heart just breaks for you Kathy! Please know that we're all here for you! Make sure he sends you lots of photos to scrap to keep you busy!

Denise/justus

Michelle said...

May God give youthe strength you need to get thru this time...I know you can do it!!

Anonymous said...

those are wonderful pics - you can be a mess...it is your job to not be happy to leave them!

(((hugs)))

Unknown said...

What absolutely beautiful journaling. My heart goes out to you my friend, it won't be easy but at some point we were all given wings to fly. I know he will soar high too!!!

Jenny said...

Beautiful photos and I'm sitting here crying right with you! Just sent my DH off--and 6 weeks is just a drop in the hat compared to 2 years! I can definitely relate to what you are going thru right now!! You are in my thoughts!!!!!

Cheryl L. said...

Great pics Kathy! I know this is hard but you have a lot to be proud of. We adopted our son too! He is in the Marines.

jennmom2000 said...

He will make a wonderful missionary Kathy! You should be so proud.

Amy Birch said...

I can imagine how you must be feeling right now, Kathy.

Just know that you raised a wonderful man who loves his mother very much. Just keep that in your heart.

Hugs to you!

Conibaer said...

It´s so hard to let him go, I´m sure! (((hugs))) He´ll have a wonderful time and you are a wonderfull mom to let him choose this opportunity!
All of your pics are AWESOME!
Hugs, Coni (SL)