Friday, October 30, 2009

The Perks of the Job


I am often asked if my job working at the door at Costco is boring....I can honestly say that for the most part it isn't. I get paid to "people watch" and that can be oh so entertaining. The fact that I am a "people person" certainly helps. Sure it can get to be mundane and repetitive but I can safely say it is almost always "entertaining" There are a couple of perks of working at the door......I have run into people I haven't seen in 20 years...and I see friends from church all the time...we Latter day saints are Big Costco shoppers :-) and probably the best part is that our door faces to the west so I get to see AMAZING sunsets. If I was home at sunset I would totally miss the beauty of God's handiwork. So while the job itself may not be my dream.....the good Lord has given me the opportunity to find the silver lining in it all.

1 comment:

Kim Rose said...

Hey Kathy!

Great blog! Thanks for your sweet message today!