Friday, January 1, 2010

Wow...2010!





It seems like only yesterday we were ringing in the new Millennium and here it is now 10 years later! Ten years ago......I had been married 19 years......My boys were ages 11 and 7.....I was well......10 years younger ;-)....I had been scrapping for only 4 years.....I was a SAHM who did Day Care....I really hadn't given much thought to menopause or retirement......and I certainly had no clue as to how fast time really goes by and how in a blink of an eye my little boys could become young men. In short I was caught up in the business of day to day living often forgetting to enjoy the journey along the way.

Now here I am ten years later....no more little boys at my house. No more Day Care....and no longer a SAHM. Instead now, my life is full of working outside the home at a crazy place called Costco...people ask me if I like working there and I usually tell them yes...in some crazy warped way I do. I have a son serving a full time mission for the LDS church in Idaho and I have another son in junior college. Cliff and I just celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary....I am often amazed he has put up with me this long. I have been scrapping now for 14 years and it is still my passion.....it took me forever to find something that I am really good at but I am so grateful for this amazing wonderful hobby that I have become so passionate about. I have learned so much through this wonderful art form. I have met amazing, gifted, and talented scrapbook artists that have inspired me to think outside the box and to try new things that I would never have ever dreamed up on my own. I am so grateful for the gift of this talent....it has made me look at life differently....I am trying to see the details...the little things and not always just the big picture. In short I am learning it's really not just about living your life it is about ENJOYING THE JOURNEY as you go through your life.

What will 2010 bring for me...I guess I will have to see...I have a few goals I have set for myself.....the first one being to get myself back in some kind of shape....I realize that "round" is indeed a shape but I am tired of my clothes not fitting. Please wish me luck with this one....it's a road I have been down many times before but not recently. My second goal is to try to simplify things around my house a bit. An online friend posted on her blog the other day a quote by Jon Gordon and I loved it...I think I am going to take it into this new decade with me "Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful." If I use this mantra as I am cleaning things out I am guessing I will be able to get rid of a lot of stuff around here.

It's a New Year.....a New Decade. Here's to 2010!
























No comments: