Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lucky




In honor of St Patricks Day I decided to post a couple of older layouts. I did both of these back in 2007 to honor not only my Irish heritage but my Dad as well. I was very young when he passed away so I can't recall if it's an actual memory of him always wearing a green carnation on St Patricks day or if that is just a memory that my Mom "helped" me to remember after he was gone. Either way...I am grateful for the memory. My sister and I have scrapped this photo of my Dad countless times....it's one of the few really good ones we have of him. It was taken probably about a year before he passed away.
I guess perhaps my Dad is one of the reasons I love to scrap...not that he was a crafter my any means....he was more into camping and fishing...but since I have lived so much of my life without him all the little memories that I do have are precious to me. In my "7 year old memory" of my father, he was perfect, he had no faults. Of course I know, as an adult, this isn't true but I figure if there was ever a positive side to having him pass away so young that is it. So today I honor you Daddy and what few precious memories that I have of you....I am grateful to have had you in my life even if it was for just a short time. I love you.

2 comments:

Jean said...

KAthy - it is so wonderful that you honor your dad. Having lost mine at the age of 12, I totally understand.

Linda365 said...

GOOD JOB!!