Saturday, March 27, 2010

A New Look

I decided I wanted a new look for my blog so I went and found a new background....not too sure about it yet but when I went back the site to look for some more the site was down so I will leave it for now.
It's been busy around here the last couple of weeks. I was sick all last week so I didn't feel like I got much of anything accomplished. This week I hit the ground running and was able to get some stuff done around here as well as put in some scrappy time.
The biggest news around here is that we have booked our flights to Salt Lake and our hotel for when we pick up Jeremy! It is really beginning to feel real to me now. I can hardly wait. Last fall my friend Sue had her son come home from his mission in Paraquay and she posted some of her photos on facebook. There was one shot that just said it all to me....it wasn't a great photo, in fact it was blurry but she was hugging him. It was so emotional for me to see that picture I am hoping to get a similar one of Jeremy when we pick him up. When he left I tried so hard to be strong and not cry but you could totally see it in the pictures we took that "Mom was about to loose it." I am really hoping for lots of cool pictures when we pick him up.

I have four new layouts to share. A couple from Christmas and a couple more "thoughtful" ones. I had a big "ah ha" moment the other night while scrapping. I had been working on a Christmas layout and it was cute...I was happy with the way it turned out but....it wasn't until I started the "moment" layout that I realized that I am totally a moment/story driven scrapper. Sure it's fun to do the birthdays and the Christmas layouts but it's the little moments and the stories that evoke the emotions that are what I love scrapping most.
















1 comment:

mommyof5kidz said...

Hi Kathy! Your layouts are gorgeous...and I ADORE the one of your son then and now...the teddy bear is a true attention grabber! I do feel for you and the emotions you must have. I hope you get the photo you are hoping for when Jeremy does come home! My oldest is only 13 so he is not set to go anywhere any time soon, but I can only imagine how hard it was for you to be strong when your son was leaving. Mom to Mom...THAT much I can truly relate to!!!!