Thursday, April 24, 2008

Change


Just some morning musings of a missionary mom......

As things keep swirling around me in a flurry of excitement and anticipation of Jeremy's departure it has occured to me how truly the only thing constant in life is "change". I work full time now....I didn't use to....I use to be home full time with the boys.....I use to have to make sure all of their needs were met........now I have to let them meet their own needs......I use to have a house full of day care kids........now I have peace and quiet, well most of the time anyway....life is all about changing and just how well we learn to deal with it. It seems like since Jeremy received his mission call every hug good bye is a bit longer and a bit stronger as I know they are limited now....before they were abundant.....I could have one almost whenever I wanted one....now I am counting each and every one..... My head knows this is as it should be......my heart not so much. Gotta love change right?
The layout that I posted here is one I did for the first round of a contest over at scrapbookdeals4u....it kind of sums up today's post.

6 comments:

*Rachel* said...

Tears in my eyes...time really does change and go by too quickly! HUGS, friend! :)

Zoa said...

ahh Kathy! I love the page you made- and time DOES go by fast... It seems like yesterday the kids were toddlers, now they are off in their world.... Don't worry though- he'll be back!! have a nice weekend! (zoa from scrapbook deals 4 you)

mary field said...

oh you're making me tear up . . . I know those hugs will be few and infrequent for me all too soon. It's so hard to let them grow up, isn't it?

Unknown said...

So well written, I could feel your emotion in every word and it made me tear up and wanna run downstairs and hug Emily. Yes, this progression in Jeremy's life is as it should be but nonetheless, God didn't make it easy for us. Wish I could give YOU a hug right now too!!! This was one of the most moving posts and layouts I've ever read. Beautiful, just like you.

Alicia said...

I have shed tears over several of your LOs about Jeremy. Love your heartfelt journaling!

Jean said...

It is so difficult to watch them grow up and see your life change. I am right there wth you!