Wednesday, March 19, 2008

More than the Creative Process


Here is another layout I finished from the Keith Urban concert. This whole "freestyle" thing is kinda fun.
Scrapping is so much more to me than putting photos and paper together. It’s not just the creative process.....it is the journey you take while you are in the midst of the layout that causes you to think deeper. Lyrics and music have always moved me and often times I will create a layout from something that I heard in a song. I love the fact that you can take something as simple as paper, photos and words and put them all together in a lasting memory. I had a friend say to me the other day that my scrapbooks were so much better than a regular journal. Because of the feelings I was conveying. I was so touched. I guess it's because you can cover so much more with the art, the photo and your words that you can reach deeper into your soul and your emotions.....I so love this "art" we call scrapbooking!

2 comments:

*Rachel* said...

Love your words here...nicely put! Fun l/o! :)

Michele said...

Amen Sista! Love the title on this one! Great work!